This printmaking unit was a success for my kinders and I got to introduce them to one of my favorites. Talk about a win win. On the first day of this project I had students scrape lines into black paint, then press paper onto it to create a print. We then took a lime green 12X12'' paper and printed it. After this each student got a piece of 4X6'' foam to draw a big beautiful flower in. If there was time I let them try to print just using markers.
On the second day we printed our flowers! I know I thought I was crazy letting kindergarteners use printing ink but they did a great job and the results were amazing.
On the 3rd day students choose 3-4 flowers to add to their grassy printed background.